Wednesday, May 16, 2018

Go on with your bad self...

Hello crafty friends!

It's my turn to share some inspiration on the 7 Kids Customers Create Facebook page and I've done a bit of mixing up stamp companies to create this lovely spring day in the park. The cool skater chick is part of the Deep Red City Girls Spring Time set and I inked her up in desert sand for some no line coloring. I really wanted to give her an outdoor setting to inhabit and right away I knew that the Mix and Match lamp posts from Dreamerland would make it super easy to create a park pathway. Because you get so many different sizes of lamp posts in the set it takes all of the guess work out of creating the illusion of distance. I've done this technique by hand in the past but I gotta tell you that being able to stamp them in one go with my Misti really sped up the card making process and there is no going back for me! I stamped the posts in grey instead of black so that I could add a bit of dimension to them with darker grey Copic markers. After all that the rest of the park really came to life and I love how it looks like she is on her way to hang out with fellow boarders and practice her 180 kickflip. ;)   

By the way, there is still time to create something for our current "rain" themed challenge. As always there is a $20 gift certificate to the 7 Kids store up for grabs and Kelly is getting all sorts of exciting new goodies every day! 
Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and Catherine Pooler
stamps- Deep Red (City Girls Spring Time), Dreamerland Crafts (Mix and Match railing and lamp posts), Mama Elephant (sentiment)
ink- Memento desert sand and london fog, Versafine onyx black
My Favorite Things A2 stitched rectangle stax set 1
Ranger glossy accents
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E11, E04, R00, R20
hair- YR31, E15
clothes- YG00, YG03, YG95, B91, B93, B97, W1, W2, BV20, BV01, BV34, BV25, BV29, W3, W5, W7, W10, Y15, YG01, C1, C2, T6, 110
skateboard- RV06, RV17, RV19, Y17, YR04, E09, T5, T8, C1, C3
path- W0, W2, W3, W4, W5
grass/trees- YG00, YG03, YG25, G43, YG61
tree- E35, YG00, YG25, YG17
flowers- Y17, E35, RV25, YG17
lamps- C1, C2, C3, C5
sky- BG000, B00