Thursday, April 12, 2018

Make a Splash...


TGIF my friends!

Well here we are at the third and final day of April previews for The Greeting Farm and we've got a great new set called Make a Splash that is perfect for the coming summer months. The set comes with two little mermaids and two mermen, a castle and treasure chest, as well as this dolphin, some fish and seaweed... everything you need to create a variety of under the sea scenes. For my first card I wanted to pair a couple of the mers with the dolphin and create an energetic scene of them leaping in and out of the water. All I had to do was wipe the ink away from the bottom half of the merman and dolphin leaping out and the top half of the dolphin diving back in. Then I colored the water up around them, leaving some white showing to create the splashing and illusion of motion. Once the scene was all colored I also added some white ink with my finger tip to bump up the foamy look. It was a fun challenge to tackle and I really love how it turned out. :)

Alrighty, you know what to do...  head on over to the TGF blog for even more Make a Splash cuteness from the Farmers. And don't forget that the entire release will be available for purchase on the 15th!  :)
Supply list:
cardstock- Papertrey Ink and Catherine Pooler
stamps- The Greeting Farm (Make a Splash set), Lawn Fawn (set)
ink- Memento tuxedo black
My Favorite Things A2 stitched rectangle stax set 1
Doodlebug sequins
My Favorite Things stitched banner die
Sharpie white marker
Wink of Stella clear glitter pen
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E11, E04, R00, R20
girl hair- Y15, YR16, YR09, E18
boy hair- T5, T7, T10, 110
girl fin/top- BG11, BG34, G16, V12, V15, V17
boy fin- YG11
dolphins- C1, C2, C4, C6
water- BG000, BG01, BG05, B18
sky- Y0000, Y000, BG000, C00, C1, 0 

3 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

So sweet! Love the wave effect, Jo x

Julie D. Richards said...

OMGosh, I want this set. Absolutely adorable scene. Hugs.

Tracey Ann said...

This is such a clever way to use these stamps... they’re having so much fun! Amazing coloring!