Monday, June 6, 2016

I treasure our friendship...

Good morning!

Today's lovely mermaid comes from Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps and she is part of the Sea Jewels set that unfortunately is now discontinued. I altered her just a bit by wiping the crown off her head. The little seahorses came from the Fin-tastic Friends set but I think they like their new home with Sea Jewel. I did a bit of watercolor "smooshing" for the background using three different Distress Inks, every time I do this fun technique I end up telling myself that I really need to do it more often, LOL! I added sequins for 'bubbles' and even though you can't see it in the photo there is a bunch of Wink of Stella glitter on her tail so that I can enter this card into the current Saturday challenge, "Glitter & Sequins".  :)

Have a great week everybody!  
Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and Copic X-Press It
watercolor paper
stamps- Kraftin' Kimmie (Sea Jewels set and Fin-tastic Friends set)
ink- Memento tuxedo black, Tim Holtz Distress cracked pistachio, mermaid lagoon and salty ocean
sequins
Ranger Liquid Pearls
Wink of Stella clear glitter pen
Gold Smooch
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E11, R00, R20, V93
eyes- B04, B16, B39, BG000, 0
lips- RV13, RV14
hair- C5, C7, C9, 100
tail- YG00, BG32, G16, BG49, BG07
top- YG25, G29
treasure- Y11, Y26, Y28, R14, R46
seahorses- Y04, Y21, YG93, YG95, E87

6 comments:

Marilyn Webb said...

Such a gorgeous card, love your coloring!! Thanks for joining our challenge this week with Kraftin Kimmie Stamps.
Marilyn DT

Tracey Ann said...

Beautiful colors, and such a gorgeous head of hair! And that background is pure inspiration!! ;)

Larisa said...

wow!! This Mermaid is so beautiful!!

Dotty Jo said...

Fabulous! Jo x

Heidi Brawley said...

Omg I Loooooove this!!!!!!!1 of my Fave KKS sets.
Hugs, Heidi and Brooke

Jessie/knightrone said...

So gorgeous! Thanks for playing along with us at Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps!