Monday, November 2, 2015

Joy to you and me...

Hi guys!

I hope everyone had a fun filled Halloween weekend and are now ready to jump headfirst right into Christmas cards. I will admit that as much as I enjoy making Halloween cards it was a treat to shift in to a whole different color palette with this first Christmas card of the season. It has been at least a month since I've played along in the Sugar Bowl Challenge so I printed out this super cute digi called Gift Wrapping and I am entering my card into the current 'anything goes' challenge over there. I paired this sweet Christmas fairy with some scraps of my all time favorite Simple Stories holiday collection. The faux burlap and stitching gets me every time and I think it really suits the nature like feel of this image.  I also added a lot of sparkle and shine to the entire image but you can only really see it on the word 'joy' in the sentiment. Believe me, in person this CAS card is really quite eye catching.  :)

Ok, happy Monday to you all and I shall see you again tomorrow!   
Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and Copic X-Press It
paper- Simple Stories (Handmade Holiday)
digital stamp- Sugar Nellie (Gift Wrapping)
stamp- Mama Elephant (Merry Greetings sentiment)
ink- Versafine onyx black
Gold sewing thread
Maya Road metal rose
My Favorite Things stitched basic edges die
Gold Smooch
Wink of Stella clear and gold glitter pens
Sakura stardust glitter pen
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E11, R00, R20
hair- E35, E57, E47
clothes- R27, R59, E18, E42, E43, E53, E55, E44, E50, E40, 0, YG93, YG97, G99, YG99, W7
wings/snow- BG70, BG72, BG90
squirrel- W2, W3, W5, E41, R02
gifts- E30, E31, E43, R22, R24, R27, YG25, YG95, Y21, Y26, Y28

4 comments:

Heidi Brawley said...

Ohh this is soooo very Beautiful! !!
Our weekend was busy from the time I got off work Friday from till about 8pm last night. I need another weekend to relax. Ugh!!! Will email u later !!!
Hugs, Heidi and Brooke

Rhonda Miller said...

What an adorable image. I love your card.

Annette said...

She's absolutely beautiful, your colouring is just STUNNING.
Hugs
Annette - Netty's Cards
xx
Proud to design for :
The Sugar Bowl Challenge,
Lili of the Valley,
Without Words Challenge
In The Pink Challenge
As You Like It Challenge.

Juls said...

Gorgeous!!! Love the LO