Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Happy Haunting...

Hello again!

Normally when I get one of these cute Lawn Fawn sets it is with the intention of using them more as accessories or supporting cast on a card featuring one of my big character stamps. But when I got the newest Booyah and Happy Harvest sets this scene came together and it didn't need anything else but the addition of a spooky Inkadinkado tree. I didn't really intend to make the entire card about this too cute to spook scene but I just kept stamping and masking, stamping and adding until there wasn't any part that I wanted to cut away to make room for my usual paper and embellies. So I didn't fight it and let this card just be what it is. For the sky background I played around with a watercolor brush pen that I filled with colorless blender rather than water. I die cut a big circle to mask off the moon and then I just used the brush pen to pick up the ink from a couple of my dark blue Copics and got a cool sketchy watercolor look. Getting super stampy like this doesn't happen a lot for me but I had a lot of fun creating this card and my favorite thing... that silly little spider that the ghosty is walking, it just cracks me up!  :)

Okey dokey friends, time for me to split!  
Supply list:
cardstock- Copic X-Press It
stamps- Lawn Fawn (Booyah and Happy Harvest sets), Inkadinkado tree
ink- Memento tuxedo black and Versafine onyx black
Sharpie white marker
Sakura stardust glitter pen
Ranger glossy accents
Copic markers:
ghost- B0000, B00
pumpkins- Y38, YR27, YR18, E84, E87, Y13
wagon- YG00, YG23, G07, C2, C4, C5
witch hat and broom- V05, V06, V09, C7, C10, C2, C4, E35, E57, YR23, YR24
sidewalk- W3, W4, W6
grass- G85, G99
sky- B69, B79, 0

2 comments:

Heidi Brawley said...

Oh my Goodness! !!! This is totally Super Spooktacular! !!!!!!! I really really love Lawn Fawn and I love the scene u created! !! Walking the spider is very clever!!!!!!!
Hugs,Heidi and Brooke

Tracey Ann said...

Love, love the way you pulled this scene together... inspiration!!