Friday, May 22, 2015

Night sky in my hand...

TGIF!

I went in a different direction with my card today... there are no pattern papers, no embellishments anywhere in sight. Instead I started with this kinda scenic outdoor stamp from Lili of the Valley called 'Midsummer's Night' and just expanded on it to create the entire card design. First I added a few extra stars to the sky and then I started coloring that sky before doing anything else. I don't have an airbrush system so instead I grabbed a variety of markers and started with the lightest at ground level and worked my way darker as I went up the page. Once I had a pretty good blend between colors I then grabbed a bit of terry cloth and my bottle of colorless blender to add a bit of soft, diffused texture which helped to hide any areas that were not blended quite as well. Once the background was dry I had an idea that I wanted to try so i grabbed a q-tip and saturated it with colorless blender dropping the solution onto each of the large stars which gave them that glowing halo effect. I have to admit that all this playing around with the blender solution had me feeling pretty darn creative. ;)

Ok friends, be safe this long holiday weekend and have fun!
:)  
Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and Copic X-Press It
stamps- Lili of the Valley (Midsummer's Night), Mama Elephant (Shooting Star set)
ink- Memento tuxedo black
Wink of Stella clear and white glitter pens
Sharpie white marker
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E21, E23, R00, R20, BV20
hair- E50, E51, E53, E55
clothes- BV08, BV25, BV29, 100, B21, B34, B37
mushrooms/grass- G0000, G20, G40, YG41, FYG1, E81, E84, 0, BG78, G29
sky- Y00, G000, B21, B95, B97, BV29

6 comments:

Heidi Brawley said...

Wow this is very Beautiful! !!!! What amazing work u did on this piece of art!!!
Hugs, Heidi

Carisa said...

This turned out stunning!!!

Dotty Jo said...

This is magical! I'm simply blown away by the beauty of this card, Jo x

Bev said...

AWESOME!!!

Julie D. Richards said...

Absolutely gorgeous. What a fun experiment. Have a beautiful weekend. Hugs.

Kate said...

These are no ordinary greeting cards my friends, these are works of art Amy! You are a true artist. Wish me luck, I've just signed up for a Kit and Clowder class on skin and hair coloring with copic markers. Have a great week-end and thanks as ever for another awesome inspiring post! Your art work keeps me motivated and inspired and I really enjoy each and every one of them.