Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Chin up...

Hi-dee-ho!

I've got a super simple card to share with you today. Once again I've gone sans embellishments and am just relying on the stamping and coloring to pull this all together. I've inked up the bee-autiful baby bee from the the Penny Black Cute as a Bug set and colored her in yellows and browns to match that sweet bee paper up above. I really wanted to make her costume look soft and fuzzy just like a little bumble would be. I pieced the sentiment and that buzz line together from two different stamp sets because I wanted to mimic the curve of the paper down below on the opposing side, I think it adds a nice balance to the overall design of the card. Then I fussy cut a bee from the paper and added it as my lone embellishment but I really don't think this needed much more. 

Well, I should go get ready for the day. 
Later gators!  :)  
Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and Copic X-Press It
paper- EK Success 
stamps- Penny Black (Cute as a Bug set), Mama Elephant (Say What set), October Afternoon (dashed line)
ink- Memento tuxedo black, Studio Calico (Doc Brown), Colorbox dark brown
Clear Wink of Stella glitter pen
My Favorite Things stitched basic edges die
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E11, R00, R20, BV20
hair- YR30, YR31, Y11, E55
clothes- E55, E57, E59, YR30, YR31, Y11, G000, 0
grass/flower- YG00, YG25, YG17, E81, Y11, 0, Y17
sky- BG0000, 0