Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Thank you...

Hey there!

I would love to say that I'm feeling so much better today and that I can't wait to go to work and tackle anything that comes my way... but if I did I would be a liar. Sigh... at least I'm not as knocked off my feet as I was yesterday, talk about a wasted day. I wasn't productive at all, the couch and I were best friends and I barely talked myself into leaving its cushy comfort to make this card. But as I got to coloring I was glad I did, with nothing better to do I was able to grab another stamp that I knew would benefit from some extra coloring time.

This is Isadora, she is part of the Sassy Sprites collection over at Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps. She's actually been available for quite some time but I only just recently acquired her, and a couple of her friends, during a sale. They all have fabulous hair-dos that I've been dying to color up. Actually, if you look closely at Isadora's brow you can see that I did a bit of altering to wipe away the leafy diadem that she is originally wearing. It was super simple to draw in the missing hair lines. The only reason why I did this was because I thought the leaves looked very fall-ish and I wanted this to be a bright and cheery, spring looking card that I am entering in to the 'anything goes' Saturday challenge
I pulled all my colors from the lovely Serendipity paper that I chose to pair with her and went to town. I had Isadora all colored up, all that was left was to add some BG000 to her wings and she would be ready to go on the card, when suddenly disaster struck! My BG000, which I had re-filled the day before, leaked a huge blob of blue on her back shoulder right where the wing meets her shoulder blade... ugh! After I had put so much work into coloring her I was not going to throw her out and start again. So I ended up grabbing N1, N2, and N3 to add shading to the entire image. This worked but she kinda looks a bit pasty now... I guess Isadora just needs some of that magical springtime sunshine to give her a healthy glow, LOL!  :)

Oh and before I go, a little PSA for anyone who might be thinking about buying the new Heidi Swapp sentiment dies... I got this 'thank you' die in an online order and when I actually had it in hand I was surprised to see that the steel was completely coated in teal paint. Right away this had me concerned about its cut quality. And sadly when I used it yesterday my concern was not unfounded. I had to run it through my Cuttlebug several times with several different shims and even then I still had to hand cut some of the center free. Apparently they thought the 'cute' factor was more important than its practical application... boo!

Ok, time for me to load up on Dayquil and get myself motivated for work.
Toodles!     
Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and Copic X-Press It
paper- Dear Lizzy (Serendipity)
stamp- Kraftin' Kimmie (Isadora)
ink- Memento tuxedo black and Prima shabby tote
Heidi Swapp thank you die
Doodlebug gold glitter Sprinkles
Wink of Stella clear glitter pen
Sakura stardust glitter pen
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E11, R00, R20, YG00, YG93, Y11
eyes- BG45, BG49
hair- YG00, YG13, YG17, YG95, Y02
dress/wings/sky- RV10, RV13, RV14, RV17, BG000, 0
shading- N1, N2, N3

8 comments:

Juls said...

Beautiful :-) xx

Pöydän kulmalla näpertelijä said...

Stunning card!

Heidi Brawley said...

Wow!!!!! It is Very Beautiful!!!! Great save cuz I can't tell you had the horrible blob situation!!!! Sending more well wishes your way!!
hugs, Heidi & Brooke

chrilvian said...

pretty

Christine Kiehl said...

This is really a beautiful and so creative card! I love your work, thank you for sharing!

Julie D. Richards said...

Can't even tell where the blob was. Her hair is a fun do. Get well soon.

Carisa said...

the blog thing has happened to me several times this weekend when I started coloring with Copics again - it killed me and like you I try to save it if possible!! Bummer about the word die but I really appreciate the review.

Deborah said...

Wooow, I have one word for this card: AMAZING!!!
Thank you for playing along with us this week at Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps!