Friday, January 16, 2015

Purrfect together...

TGIF everybody!

This is the first weekend of our town's annual Winterfest so things should be hopping. Ice sculptures are being created up and down the streets and even though we don't have much snow I think it should be cold enough that they don't melt too fast this year. Fun times even if I don't plan on taking the polar bear plunge into the lake, LOL! 

Brrrr... just thinking about that icy water has me craving a warm cuppa cocoa. Kinda like Cuppa Mae here on my card for today. When I get new digi stamps I always print off a few right away and keep them in a file folder to make things quick and easy when it is time to color. Cuppa was in that folder and instantly grabbed my attention as being very seasonally appropriate. I tried to link her up but it looks like this Mae digi has disappeared from the new SOG website for some reason. I'm glad I got her when I did! As I was putting the card together with my pal Oreo by my side he inspired me to give Mae a feline friend as well. This little guy from the Mama Elephant Purrfect Pair set was the perfect size to make himself right at home. I think these two look like the best of friends. :)

Ok, have a great weekend and I'll see ya on Monday!        
Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and Copic X-Press It
paper- WeR Memory Keepers (Indian Summer)
digital stamp- Some Odd Girl (Cuppa Mae)
stamps- Mama Elephant (Purrfect Pair set)
ink- Memento tuxedo black, Prima dark brown, Versafine onyx black
button
The Twinery twine
Sharpie white marker
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E11, R00, R20, E04, BV20, BV23
hair- E74, E77, E79, W10
eyes- E35, E57, BG000, 0
clothes- YG91, YG93, YG95, Y26, E70, W1, W3, W5, W6, W9, W10
cup- BG11, BG23, BG18, E47, E49
cat- W2, W4, W6, W10, R20

12 comments:

Larisa said...

Very nice card. I love the cat so much!

Danni said...

Fabulous card! Love the "earthy" tones!

Jane said...

I too love the colour palette you have chosen for this card - beautiful work.
Jane

Carisa said...

I love the rich colors with that pop of teal! These two images look made for each other - so sweet.

Btw, since you've been participating in challenges this week, I thought you might like to know of a new challenge in town with My Favorite Things stamps - check out www.cardchallenges.com! I think you'll like they have a weekly sketch challenge and bi weekly color challenge. :D See you there!

Heidi Brawley said...

Such a sweet looking card. Love the mixture of SOG with Mamma Elephant.
Happy Friday to you too!!! Enjoy your festival!!!!
hugs, Heidi & Brooke

Tracy said...

So cute, love the kitty, and have been meaning to comment earlier, so glad you are back!

Cami said...

Such a petty card...love the colors, your coloring, and the little kitty.

Rhonda Miller said...

What a lovely card.

Unknown said...

Such a cute card!

Thanh Vo said...

*waving* Hi Amy!!! I know this is a little late, but happy new year and welcome back! I hadn't read any blogs since early December and had over 1,400 posts to read... heh. Glad to see you back in the game :)

yvon said...

Such a sweetie.

Juls said...

Gorgeous, fabulous background paper :-) xx