Monday, January 5, 2015

Hello, Lovely...

Hello, hello!

I enjoyed my weekend and I hope you all did as well. Yesterday I made the trip into town to see the newest Hobbit movie in the theater. I absolutely loved it which made the hour drive there and hour drive back home totally worth it. I'm such a Tolkien nerd that I've now proudly seen all six of the LOTR and Hobbit movies in the theater. I don't go often, in fact only about once a year, but these amazing films get me to overlook the ridiculous ticket prices. I'm actually more than a bit sad that there will be no new adventures in Middle Earth to look forward to. :(

Because of this trek into town I didn't get a chance to sit down and make a card over the weekend. Luckily I had this card made and ready to go. Though to be honest I didn't think I would ever be sharing it. I made this all the way back in September just before my attempt at a blogging comeback was interrupted by the kitchen remodel. As a member of the TGF SS Stamp Club I had gotten Cheeky Sweet and since I love me some Cheekies I was anxious to play with a bit of altering out the giant cupcake she originally holds and get her on a card. Unfortunately it had been a few months since I had used my copics and a couple of the browns that I used on her hair were acting all streaky and funky. The end result is rough with a capital R and I am not happy with it at all. Now that I've gotten my markers cleaned and re-inked I guess it just gives me a reason to ink her up and try again.

Okey dokey, I'm off to get my hair cut this morning and then I'll be in the crafty room watching the snow fall.

TTYL!   

Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and Copic X-Press It
paper- Echo Park (Summer Bliss)
stamps- The Greeting Farm (SSSC Cheeky Sweet, altered), Papertrey Ink (sentiment)
ink- Memento tuxedo black and espresso truffle, Prima shabby tote
Prima flowers
Kaiser Craft gems and pearls
My Mind's Eye enamel dots
paper doily
Copic Spica glitter pen
Copic markers:
sorry, lost my list for this one


12 comments:

Larisa said...

Hello Amy, your card is stunning. I love the colors and that image is gorgeous.

Juls said...

Ooooooh wow this is gorgeous :-) xx

Heidi Brawley said...

Awe I think it's Beautiful! !!! During the Christmas break we watched the 1st and 2nd Hobbit movie and was totally prepared and was up early Saturday morning to go watch the 3rd in the theater. I liked it the best!!! Thus elderly lady sat next to me in the theater and she kept dozing off and on. At the end of the movie she turned to me and said the movie wore herror out. Was funny! ! Have a terrific Monday doll. Hugs, Heidi and Brooke

Carisa said...

Amy, I am THRILLED to see you back to coloring and card making. I have really missed you but I totally get the break - I took over a year until I finally started blogging and creating again, albeit slowly this past summer. I can't wait to see you get back into your coloring groove although I see no rusty, rough edges at all - it's like riding a bike, huh?!

Jane said...

Such a pretty card Amy
Jane xx

Jane said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
grace said...

This is a very sweet card! I love it!!

thebridgeamit said...

This is so beautiful! I don't see any streaks or flaws whatsoever, but I find the E family of Copics can get gunky! I'm constantly cleaning my Copics!
So glad you're back!

Julie D. Richards said...

I think she turned out marvelous.

yvon said...

So sweet.

Danni said...

Still a fabulous card! So happy to see you back! :)

Pöydän kulmalla näpertelijä said...

So sassy and sweet!