Friday, March 21, 2014

Sparkle...

Hello, hello!

TGIF everybody! Today I'm playing along with this month's challenge over on the Some Odd Girl blog. It's called Pot o' Gold and we are to use any metallic, shiny, or glittery gold paper or embellishments on our cards along with a SOG cutie of course. ;)

I had Happy Gwen already printed out and ready to go so it was her turn to make it onto a card. As for the gold accents, surprise, surprise... sequins! I also threw in some gold washi tape for good measure. I was also going to use a gold rub-on sentiment but that was a bust. Yea, I was not a happy camper at all. I got these "lovely" Pebbles sentiments in a card kit six months ago and used one of them right away without any complaints. But when I went to use them yesterday they were total crap-o-la, they just wouldn't stick to the paper at all. Now I've used quite a few rub-ons in my day and I've never had any go this bad this quickly... I was equally shocked and disappointed. So this is my little PSA for the day... if you feel like gambling and getting these rub-ons, be sure to use them up right away or you will find yourself having to throw away a whole sheet and feeling like a chump. :(

Ah well, despite that little set back I think the card turned out pretty cute in the end.
TTFN!     
Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and Copic X-Press It
paper- BoBunny (Modern Miss)
digital stamp- Some Odd Girl (Happy Gwen)
stamp- Studio Calico (sentiment)
ink- Memento tuxedo black and Colorbox creamy brown
Studio Calico gold sequins
Gold washi tape
Gold Smooch
Sharpie white marker
Copic Spica glitter pens
Copic markers:
skin- E00, E21, E13, R00, R20, BV01, W0, YG91
eyes- E84, E87, BG000, 0
hair- E21, E27, E49
clothes- R32, R35, R37, YR31, YR12, YR14, Y21, Y26, Y28

6 comments:

Rhonda Miller said...

This is such a great card. I love the sequins.

Julie D. Richards said...

She's so pretty. Had no idea rub one could go bad. Thanks for the heads up as I'm gonna have to check my stash. Have a nice weekend.

Chitra Nair said...

Wow!!!!! Beautiful!!!

A Little Bit of Lovely said...

This is beautiful, and you're seriously going to make me go out and buy some sequins! Who knew they made such adorable embellishments

gobeagirl said...

Sorry to read about your rub-on problems! Nothing sets me off more than when a product that I purchased goes so terribly bad so fast. I've had some daisyD rub-ons that I purchased over 8 years ago that are still working really really good. At any rate my VERY talented friend this card turned out just GORGEOUS! Truly, I love all the gold and glammor of this card. She is just beautiful and I think you have used just the right amount of gold on this card. I am also loving how you have been using your sequins. I still haven't purchased any quite yet, but the are definately on my wish list. :0). I keep leaving Jerry and the M&Ms hints. I think a little over a month and a half should give them plenty of time to either get me a gift card or pick up a couple of crafty things for me. lol.... Wish me Luck. Hugs Lisa

Unknown said...

I have a love/hate relationship with rubons myself. LOL This card is just FAB. The way you colored her up, the gold sequins, the gold washi....LOVE! That sentiment is perfect for the card and challenge. Thanks for playing along with us at Some Odd Girl this month. :-)