Saturday, March 8, 2014

A Bunny Tails winner and some news...

Welcome to the weekend my friends!

It's time to announce the winner of the Sweet November March release... this month has been all about Easter with the Bunny Tails set being introduced to the Sweet November family. Now without further ado the winner of the Sweet November March candy is:

Congratulations Sara! Please email me at: pete_danger @ hotmail.com with your mailing info and I will get your prize sent out as soon as possible.  :)

Big thanks again to everyone who came out for the March previews. Don't forget that all of the new stamps are now available in the CCD store.

And now for the big news, some of you may have read on Tress' blog that this is actually the last Sweet November release that I will have with CC Designs. After a little over four years of designing stamps I have had to make the tough decision to step away and let Sweet November go for the time being. I've had such an amazing time getting to share my little imaginings with all my fellow crafters but as life changes and new challenges and goals present themselves I've had to reevaluate what my time and energies go towards. And while I will certainly miss traveling into Sweet November Land with you each month I know that saying goodbye to SNL is the right choice for me. I want to thank everyone for joining me on this fantastic journey, Christine from CC Designs for giving me this opportunity, and especially all of the Sweet November Gals and Guest Gals that have so beautifully helped me showcase my stamps over the years. Tress and Nancy being my current team, a very heartfelt thanks goes to both of you dear ladies... you inspire me more than you know. :)

I'm also stepping down from my design team duties at CC Designs but I promise that does not mean that I am through stamping, crafting, and sharing my creations here on the ol' blog. I plan on being around as much as possible because I still very much love this wonderful hobby of ours. So even though some things are changing I've no plans to leave this blogging community any time soon. ;)     
Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and Copic X-Press It
paper- Pebbles (Garden Party)
stamps- CC Designs (Snail)
ink- Memento tuxedo black and Colorbox creamy brown
Glossy Accents
Studio Calico wood grain sequins
Doodlebug sequins
Tim Holtz tiny paperclip 
My Favorite Things doily die
Sakura stardust glitter pen
Copic makers:
snail- G20, YG91, YG61, YG93, E40, E81, 0
background- E40, E41, E43, 0, R00, R02, R14, YG00, YG03, YG67, BG57, Y35, Y38, E50, E30, E31

18 comments:

WickedPixie said...

Oh Amy, this makes me So So sad.....your lovely creations will be missed. I am glad to hear you will still be creating and blogging when you can. You are such a talent and inspiration! :) Traci

Nancy Thomas said...

This makes me sad my sweet friend. Sweet November stamps were some of the first ones I purchased when I discovered the world of Copic markers. I will miss your fun and quirky designs but hope to continue to see those mad coloring skills on your blog. And some day I hope to purchase a children's book from you based on your stories and characters for my grandchildren.

theCook said...

Really sad about this because I love your stamps so much... Hope it means you are having great other opportunities that you love!

Marianne said...

I'm sad to hear you are saying goodbye to Sweet November land (for now), but I can imagine it can be a strain to be facing deadlines all the time. I agree with Nancy, though. It would be great to see a children's book by you, with your stories and illustrations!

Leanne said...

I'm sad to hear your news too Amy. I bet it was a really hard decision. I do like that "for now" so it means looking forward to when SNL returns or like The Cook said new opportunities. SNL are one of my favorite all time stamps. CC Designs is losing a very talented artist. I agree with Nancy and Marianne about the books. I'd buy them for all the kids I know. :)
I'd be even sadder if you weren't continuing on with blogging and sharing your inspirations and stories so I'm glad you're still going to do that. (Yay!) HUGS!!

Betsy said...

So sad to hear you're stepping down! I'll sure miss seeing all of your beautiful creations and getting inspiration from them! I'm glad you'll still be blogging and creating though!
Best wishes to you!

Julie D. Richards said...

First, congratulations Sarah for winning these adorable stamps.

Amy, as to you stopping Sweet November Land stamps with your amazing stories, it really saddens me. Your images , coloring skills, and stories are part of what got me started down the road of Copic markers. I am one of your biggest fans and I'll miss your images. I was hoping to some day be on your dt. I do hope CCD will still be carrying the digital images as I don't have all of them yet. I will continue to looks forward to your blog posts and wish you the very best in whatever endeavors you are starting. Big hugs.

Danni said...

We always have to follow our heart! I'm so happy you're not going to stop creating and blogging though!! Hugs!!

Bev said...

I sure hope you will continue blogging, I loved your stamps and your stories were so fun and whimsical. Perfect for children's books. I loved checking your blog each day and was so happy when you posted. I wish you the best in whatever way your heart leads you.

Rhonda Miller said...

Your card is beautiful.

I'm glad to hear you'll still be sharing your creations here with us.

Diane said...

Hi Amy- thanks for creating SNL....some of my favorite images ever have been created by you- so while I too am sad- I am very grateful that you shared your talents and very interesting, sweet and adventurous images with us. I agree- a book, a book, or many books!! Thanks for re-assuring us that we will still be able to visit your blog and see what creation you are going to blow us away with next! I wish you well on whatever comes your way...and I hope designing stamps is something that will make it back into your life...and ours!! Best wishes, Diane

chrilvian said...

oo im going to miss it
i always love the mermaids
good luck
hugs

Sara I. said...

Oh Amy - I've been in your position of having to step away from it all (so hard to do!) and as sad as it is for those of us that love following your creative journey, you need to do what's best for you. I hope that this new chapter brings you many blessings!

With that being said, thank you for the wonderful win! I will be emailing your shortly with all my info.

many hugs and best wishes -
Sara I.

Heidi Brawley said...

Live your very Adorable card!!! Sad to hear it's true no more Sweet November. ....we will continue to stop by and see all your other wonderful creations. And darn it......I just started my own blog last week. I only have 1 post so far as I have been busy getting things ready for Brookes 8th bday this Thursday !! My blog is Crafty Creations by Heidi. GOOD LUCK in whatever adventures you have coming your way! !
Hugs, Heidi & Brooke ♡♡♡♡♡

Unknown said...

Super cute card! I agree with Sara I, you need to what's best for you. Sending you big hugs.

Christa said...

Amy thank you that i have design with your stamps for CC Designs , i always loved them and still do, wish you al the luck , Big hugs xx Christa

Craftdee said...

So sad to see the lights go out in SNL... hope it's only a hibernation :-) Pearl Tidepool was the first image I won a "Top 5" with - I was over the moon and hooked on blogging :-) Yours is the first blog I Followed, so I'm glad to see you'll still be around. Enjoy your deadline-free crafting, Donna xx

Lisa said...

Very belatedly chiming in to say I'm sorry to see Sweet November on hiatus, but I hope you're enjoying a bit of a breather. Between going back to work full-time and still having kids, husband, and house to tend to I rarely get to stamp anymore. I was browsing C.C. Designs for the first time in months and noticed no new SN stamps and wondered if something was up. I guess I'll have to make do with the two binders of SN stamps that I already have. Anyhow, I'll still check in here now and then because I always love seeing your cards!