Monday, December 16, 2013

Holiday wishes...

Hey there!

After a nice round of holiday visiting yesterday I'm ready to get a new week started. I'm especially excited because I'll be going to see the new Hobbit movie on one of my days off... I can't wait! :)

So I snagged this cute snowman stamp from MFT last week along with this sheet of paper by Echo Park and I think they are a match made in stamping heaven. Growing up with birch trees in the yard has left me with a nostalgic soft spot for anything with a birch print pattern on it. As for this Happy Heart Snowman, I wanted to try creating the look of a knit pillow with that heart he is holding. It didn't turn out as great as I had hoped it would but it did give me an idea of what I need to do the next time I try this technique. Even after all this time it still comes down to practice, practice, practice!

Ok, time for some cocoa and then off to work.
TTYL!   

 
Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and Copic X-Press It
paper- Echo Park (Keepin' Cozy)
stamps- My Favorite Things (Happy Heart Snowman), Doodlebug (sentiment)
ink- Memento tuxedo black 
Kaiser Craft pearls
Studio Calico label tag
Tim Holtz tiny attacher
silver thread
Copic Spica glitter pen
Copic markers:
G0000, BG0000, G000
YR04, YR07, N5, N7, N9, N10, R35, R37, R39, E18, G43, G46

6 comments:

Larisa said...

Woh! Cool! So adorable. Love everything about this one.

Heidi Brawley said...

OMG.....I LOVE THIS!!!!!! LOVE the knit look on his heart!! I have been wanting this cute stamp set! Those papers are perfect with him!!! Have a Wonderful Week and I hope you get to see your movie this week!
Take care doll!
hugs, Heidi & Brooke

Jane said...

Well I think you've earnt brownie points for attempting faux knitting - it looks pretty good to me!
Love the card
Hugs
Jane

Julie D. Richards said...

So sweet. Love the heart.

gobeagirl said...

Amy this is just ADORABLE! I would love to see how you even did your faux knitting. I thought it was preprinted paper made to look knitted. You get a 10 from me on it. I think it is very cool looking. You did a terrific job on it. Hugs Lisa

Juls said...

I adore this, it's just gorgeous! Hugs Juls