Friday, November 8, 2013

Not a creature was stirring...

TGIF everybody!

Our weather has finally turned and there is snow low on the surrounding hills. It's only a matter of time now before I'll be stuck driving in the white stuff. Hopefully my car will be up to the task, it is a big reason why I got a Subaru after all... everyone told me that they are great winter cars. 

Speaking of winter, I've got another Christmas card to share today and it is one that I've been brainstorming for quite some time now. This past year Sister Stamps has been slowly releasing the twelve Chinese zodiac animals and as soon as I saw the Year of the Rat I thought he looked more like a cute little mouse and that got me to thinking about the Christmas verse, "Twas the night before Christmas...". So of course this card had to be the first I made with this darling little stamp. It seems that Christmas mice where also on the minds of the designers over at October Afternoon this year too because they just released a stamp set called Merry Mouse as part of their Silent Night collection. Personally I think the Sister Stamps mouse is much cuter but I did borrow that sprig of mistletoe from Merry Mouse to add to his little paws. Now not only is this mouse stirring, but it looks like he is on a mission to get a Christmas kiss, LOL!  ;)

Alrighty stampers, have a great day and a wonderful weekend. I'll see you back here tomorrow with a winner of the Midnight's Christmas candy!
    

Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and Copic X-Press It
paper- October Afternoon (Silent Night)
stamps- Sister Stamps (Year of the Rat), October Afternoon (Merry Mouse)
ink- Memento tuxedo black and Colorbox creamy brown
computer generated sentiment
American Crafts jute twine
My Mind's Eye enamel dots
Sakura clear glaze pen
Copic markers:
mouse- E40, E41, E42, E43, R00, R01
mistletoe- G40, G43, G46, G20

13 comments:

theCook said...

Looove your card! Such a cute rat/mouse! Seems bigger than your cat stamps, too bad, I would see them be friends!

Heidi Brawley said...

AWE this is soooo darn adorable!!! What fabulous use of that Sister Stamp. I made a Christmas card last night!!! Used a lil scrap of DP from you!!!I will post later. Have a few challenges to enter it into!! Have a Wonderful Weekend doll!!!
hugs, Heidi

Julie D. Richards said...

Adorable.

Loz said...

how adorable!

gobeagirl said...

Amy this little guy is super adorable and I just love the look on his face. It really goes so well with his holding that sprig of mistletoe. Just super cute. I love the colors you have used on this card as well. Hope you have a great weekend. I am stuck working tomorrow and then pulling another 10 hour day of Monday while the kids are off. :O( Oh well, I just keep telling myself that means I will be able to work in the Christmas stamps some where along the lines of my upcoming budget. heehee. Hugs Lisa

gobeagirl said...

Amy this little guy is super adorable and I just love the look on his face. It really goes so well with his holding that sprig of mistletoe. Just super cute. I love the colors you have used on this card as well. Hope you have a great weekend. I am stuck working tomorrow and then pulling another 10 hour day of Monday while the kids are off. :O( Oh well, I just keep telling myself that means I will be able to work in the Christmas stamps some where along the lines of my upcoming budget. heehee. Hugs Lisa

Jenny said...

I LOVE IT!!!!!

Larisa said...

This image ia ao much cute! I love this card Amy!!!

riliska said...

OOOOoooooh, his smile made my day! Thank you Amy for sharing it with us)))

Hlora said...

So adorable. Love everything about this one.

lora said...

What a super cute card! LOVE your sweet image and your sentiment!

Marianne said...

That little rat is adorable, Amy, and I love how you have paired him up with the mistletoe sprig.
Marianne x

Tress said...

Who knew a rat could be cute?! Love how you gave him the mistletoe to hold! And that patterned paper with the soft beige is the perfect backdrop for this little guy!