Friday, November 22, 2013

Merry Christmas to all...

Good morning!

Thanks everyone for all the sweet birthday wishes yesterday. It was a low key kind of celebration with my closest peeps, which is just how I like it. So a great day was had for sure. :)
Julye asked for the peppermint cheesecake recipe and we actually found it on Pinterest so here is a link for anyone interested in giving it a try. If you are a fan of peppermint then I highly recommend it this holiday season! 

Alrighty, so this Christmas card is looking a bit different from the others I've made so far. The colors are definitely not your traditional red and green but I had this Winterland paper pad that I needed to cut into and cross off my list. The pretty pastels had me reaching for my Lili of the Valley stamps and this trio of darling angels where just what I needed to bring it all together. I used the Memory Box snow globe die to give the angels a home and instead of the gold accents I've been addicted to lately, I decided to change things up a bit and use silver thread instead. 

Ok then, if you are experiencing the same cold snap that I am (overnight lows of 11 degrees and daytime highs in the mid thirties) then bundle up and have a great Friday! 

TTFN!
 

Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and Copic X-Press It
paper- Fancy Pants (Winterland)
stamps- Lili of the Valley (Three Little Angels), October Afternoon (sentiment and banner)
ink- Memento tuxedo black and Colorbox creamy brown
silver thread
Kaiser Craft pearl
Memory Box snow globe die
Sakura stardust glitter pen
Copic Spica glitter pen
Copic markers:
angel 1
skin- E00, E21, E13, E15, R20
hair- E27, E47, E49
gown- BG10, G00, 0
angel 2
skin- E21, E33, E57, E04
hair- T5, T7, T9, 100
gown- R000, R01, 0
angel 3
skin- E000, E00, E11, R00, R20
hair- YR30, YR31, YR24, E33
gown- G20, YG93, 0
wings- E40, E41, 0
background- B0000, C00, 0 

6 comments:

Heidi Brawley said...

OH this is Beautiful!!!! Love it!!!!
Glad your Birthday was a Happy one. Will have to check out that recipe too! We wish you a Wonderful Weekend!! may your Bday celebration continue too!
hugs, Heidi & Brooke

Danni said...

Happy to hear your birthday was good! What a sweet card, just precious!
We just got our first snow with ice underneath. Very chilly--suppose to be a high of lower 20's tomorrow and low around 7! brrrrr...but I am loving Nebraska overall.
Stay warm!

Julie D. Richards said...

I love their bare little tootsies sticking out, lol.

Loz said...

gorgeous.. our Summer weather down here is really starting to heat up! Lovin' it! :)

Marianne said...

Really sweet card, Amy, and Happy belated birthday wishes. So glad you had a lovely day. I'm currently enjoying a prolonged summer by visiting my friends in Sydney, Australia. Today, we went to the Blue Mountains national park, where we spotted a lot of kangaroos in the wild. Five of them seemed to be having a celebration of some sort, gathering around some cut off branches and munching away at the leaves. So exciting!
Marianne x

gobeagirl said...

Hi Amy, I am so glad to hear that you had a wonderful Birthday. I am sure you enjoyed your sister's cheesecake. :O) Lucky girl. I love cheesecake, but due to an allergy to eggs I can no longer have any. :O( So, I just love this card and the non traditional colors for you. I think it is very soft and very sweet looking kind of card. As always a wonderful card, Hugs, Lisa