Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Find your happy...

Hi guys!

I actually started this card on Sunday with the intention of entering it into the anything goes Garden Variety challenge over at TGF. Alas, I got busy and didn't finish it in time and there was no way I could make this work for the red, white and blue FFF challenge. Still, it seemed a shame not to finish it, especially since this was my first time inking up miss Charlotte Chic here.
I've had this little Ambrosia paper pad for a couple months now and that ikat print always stumped me. I kept trying to get it on a card but it just didn't seem to work well with any stamp that I pulled. That is until Charlotte came along... there was just something about her chic island girl look that was exactly what I needed to make this all come together. I love how the whole thing is very girly girl yet still kinda tropical and summer time looking. :)

Ok, well I've got a couple days off ahead of me and loads of things to cross off my to-do list before I can really sit back and relax. Wish me luck!

XOXO   
Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and Copic X-Press It
paper- Bazzill (Ambrosia)
stamps- The Greeting Farm (Charlotte Chic), Simon Says Stamp (sentiment)
ink- Memento tuxedo black and rich cocoa, Prima shabby tote
Prima flowers
buttons
Kaiser Craft pearls
Divine Twine
EK Success gold pen
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E11, R00, R20
hair- E44, E47, E49
clothes- G00, YG01, YG05, YG06, BG70, BG72, BG75, R32, R37, RV10, RV42

6 comments:

Heidi Brawley said...

AWE what a Fabulous summer card!!!! Your coloring is Amazig as always!! Love the fun papers and flowers too~!Enjoy your days off. Brooke and I are going on vacation starting Thurs AM. We are getting out of this desert and heading to san diego, ca!! looking forward to the beach and Sea World!! Have an Awesome day doll!
hugs, Heidi & Brooke

Pöydän kulmalla näpertelijä said...

This is really pretty!

Julie D. Richards said...

I love the colors you chose for the little sweetheart. Fabulous card Amy. Don't work too hard during your two days off.

Bev said...

I agree with Julie. Love the colors your chose.

Rhonda Miller said...

What a great card.

gobeagirl said...

Hi Amy, I think your card is just adorable! I love how you have colored her and I really love the card you made for her. I am laughing to myself as I colored her up on Thursday and I have been trying to make peace with myself this whole week as I really don't like the card I made, but a friend gave me some very old papers and I really set on using them. lol...Hope you are having a great week. Hugs,Lisa