Saturday, June 1, 2013

I love you...

Hey there!

Whoa, I just realized it is June 1st... hello summer! Once again I'm working through the weekend but it's all good. The sun is shining which always makes it feel like I have more time to enjoy after work when I get home in the afternoon/evening. I know it's totally a psychological thing because I have the same time in the winter as now but those extra hours of daylight make a big difference in both my attitude and productivity.

Speaking of productivity... I did get a card made yesterday and I just couldn't resist coloring up another one of the Pee Wee Designs May images. This little cutie is called You Make Me Smile and she really does just that. At first I thought I would go all girlie and pink with her but the new I Heart Summer collection was sitting on my desk and I couldn't resist its rainbow of colors. There are so many great sheets of paper to choose from but in the end I used a couple of prints from the 4x6 pad. I know they make these mostly for accents on scrapbook pages but I love them for my cards, I can cut them up and feel like I am actually using something completely up, LOL. Anywho, I really like how the bright colors give Smile a very playful look which I think suits the over-all look of the card.

Ok folks, time for me to scoot. I'll catch ya on the flip side!  :)


Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and Copic X-Press It
paper- Simple Stories (I Heart Summer)
digital stamp- Pee Wee Designs (You Make Me Smile)
stamp- Studio Calico (sentiment)
ink- Memento tuxedo black and Colorbox creamy brown
The Twinery twine
Sticko Epoxy Hearts
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E11, E13, R00, R20
hair- E21, E23, E27
clothes- R35, R37, E07, B95, B97, BG57, BG49, YR04, YR68, YG03, YG95, RV42, RV23, T5, T7, T9, E40, 0   

12 comments:

Tress said...

Amy, she's precious! Love the stamped sentiment with this image and paper!

Julie D. Richards said...

How pretty with all the bright colors. She's so sweet with that lovely hair. Great card Amy. Happy weekend.

Creations by Shirl said...

Hello Amy~
Seems like it's been forever since I stopped by.. Hope all is well..
Love this cutie patootie...
So darn cute...
I hop on over and don't see a followers list for that site....
TFS - enjoy your wonderful weekend...

Mimi said...

this is super cute Amy! love the adorable image and cute papers! the hanging words are so sweet! have a great weekend! ;D

Tina said...

Card is so sweet Amy!

Heidi Brawley said...

OMG this is sooooo darn cute!!!! Awesome work doll!! love it!!!
Hope you are enjoying your day!!!
hugs, Heidi

SugarGem said...

Gorgeous coloring wow

Kimberly S said...

Adorable image, and such a sweet card! :)

Juls said...

Gorgeous!!! Love how u have done the sentiment!! Hugs Juls xxx

~* steph :) *~ said...

super cute, amy!! love your card!! thanks for sharing and have a great day! *hugs* and much aloha, steph :)

Rhonda Miller said...

This is so cute.

Linda said...

Oh she is so cute!!! she makes me want to pinch her checks!!!