Thursday, February 21, 2013

Just because...

Good morning!

This card was super quick to put together and yet it is probably one of my recent personal faves. There is a light breeziness about it that appeals to me and my current longing for spring. I pulled out one of the super adorable pixies by Christy Croll that are sold by Stamping Bella and it was like saying hello to an old friend. As much as I love the new Wryn and friends characters at Tiddly Inks, Petunia Pixie here has me longing for some new pixies to flutter on the scene... especially with the addition of clear stamp sets at Tiddly Inks. So I'll be keeping my fingers crossed that my wish may come true sometime soon. :)

I've been using the heck out of that cloud paper from October Afternoon recently but I make no apologies for that, LOL! This time I paired it up with a bit of My Mind's Eye and a whole lot of Dear Lizzy 5th & Frolic die cuts. That branch in particular was quite the find considering Petunia needed a place for her nest to call home. ;)

Alrighty, I'm audi... have a great one!   
Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and Copic X-Press It
paper- October Afternoon (Woodland Park), My Mind's Eye (Collectable)
stamps- Stampin' Bella (Petunia Pixie), Simon Says Stamp (sentiment)
ink- Memento tuxedo black, Versafine onyx black and Colorbox creamy brown
Dear Lizzy 5th & Frolic die cuts
Prima flowers
Kaiser Craft pearls and gems
Tim Holtz tiny attacher
Studio Calico wood veneer bird
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E11, R00, R20
hair- YR30, YR31, YR21, YR24, E33
clothes/wings- RV63, RV66, YG000, G00
nest- YG01, YG03, YG67, E31, E35, E57
background- BG0000, BG000, 0

10 comments:

Juls said...

This is just so so sweet, I love it!! Hugs Juls

naoompje said...

Dear Amy !!!
You done it again those papers love the clouds to the feel it is so heavenly I really love it. Have to go an see if I can get that paper in the Netherlands.
Love and hugs Naomi

Heidi Brawley said...

OMG this is Super Duper Cute!!!! Love the whole card!!! We got SNOW here in Tucson, AZ yesterday!!!! It is such a rarity here!!! It snowed 3 times!! I know no big deal to you but we live in the desert where you just done really see the stuff in person here. We can look at it on the mountains but I never venture toward the mountains. So to be able to see it in person and touch it was a real WOW factor for Brooke and I!!! Have a wonderful day doll!
hugs, Heidi & Brooke

Trista said...

Yes, this is one of my faves as well!! Lovely card, super cute! I love how well you balance your cards with the main image and all the extra embellies - just enough without being too much :)

Mette said...

Gorgeous Amy. Brings a little sunshine in my grey and freezing cold afternoon. Love your colouring and papers as always.

Hugs, Mette

Hanna said...

Oh Amy, this is adorable! Love it to pieces! Such beautiful spring colours and lovely details.

have a nice day,
hugs
Hanna

Katie said...

So adorable Amy- I love it!

Leanne said...

Hehehe, cute card Amy!! Definitely feels like Spring is here when I look at it.
Have a great day!

Unknown said...

Oh wow this is sooooo adorable I love everything a about it!
Hugs xx Cara xx

Kimberli Sarsfield said...

Your card does indeed have a wonderful, light airy feel to it! Love it !