Saturday, March 24, 2012

Awesome...

Hey there!

Everybody enjoying their Saturday so far? I've got the day off and if the weather stays nice I think that I'll be transplanting some trees this afternoon and cleaning up the yard a bit. After that I want to tackle cleaning my desk because yes, it's that time again. ;)

I actually started the process a bit early by pulling this My Guy Ian off my desk and finally getting him onto a card. I actually started coloring him for a denim video last June! Poor, patient Ian... he even got a bit of a face lift when I swapped his original closed eye face with Special Autumn Ian's open eye face. You see, besides wanting to get a jump start on the cleaning I also wanted to use this new boy themed paper pad from Simple Stories called Awesome. I love, love, love their 6x6 pads because all of those little quotes and sayings pages make for quick and easy sentiments that coordinate perfectly with no extra work at all! Seriously, this card is three sheets of paper cut up and layered with only a couple of tiny staples as accents. Yet the sprinkling of star accents mimics stickers or rub-ons and the sentiment even looks like I used some decorative tape to hold it in place. Nope... it's all paper folks! :)

Alrighty, I guess I should get ready to go get my hands dirty for a bit.
Talk at'cha later!
Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and PTI
paper- Simple Stories (Awesome)
stamps- The Greeting Farm (My Guy Ian and Special Autumn Ian)
ink- Memento tuxedo black and Colorbox chestnut roan
Tim Holtz tiny attacher
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E11, R02
hair- E35, E57, E59
clothes- E81, 0, B34, B37, B39, YG93, YG95, YG99, R59, E19, C0, C1

12 comments:

Alyce Kit and Clowder said...

Amy your colouring is just perfect! Love his plaid shirt :D

Nancy Thomas said...

A fantastic boy card - the image is colored beautifully and the new SS dp is a perfect choice.

Creations by Shirl said...

Yes another boy's card, we need to see more of these images.... great color choices and love those stars/stripes paper too..
Ooh, love yard work too....

Rhonda Miller said...

Wow, this is great. TFS.

Crystal_235 said...

What a great card for a boy.

Juls said...

just fabulous!!! Hugs Juls

Hlora said...

AWE your card is Gorgeous. love the colors and the papers!! Love it all!

Arabella said...

Fabulous card Amy! I love his denims! This paper is on my wishlist at Two Peas... just waiting for a few more things to come into stock before I order it!

Arabella

Arabella said...

Fabulous card Amy! I love his denims! This paper is on my wishlist at Two Peas... just waiting for a few more things to come into stock before I order it!

Arabella

♥Rach♥ said...

Love, love, LOVE Ian and this fab paper to go with him! Fun guy card :0)

Leanne said...

Love the alteration. and this is one cool card. I have some paper pads that have all those different sayings and they are just sitting collecting dust. Must pull them out and use them. Thanks for the inspiration and tips Amy! Hope you got all the trees planted.
Nice catching up.
;)

RiNNE said...

This is the perfect DP set for masculine cards! That houndstooth one is awesome! Fab!