Friday, December 2, 2011

Sweet November Spotlight on Mette!

Olo!

Here we are once again... time to start previewing the new
Sweet November stamps for December. But before we meet the new winter funsters I want to shine the Sweet November Guest Gal spotlight on a wonderfully talented card maker and super sweet bloggin' friend... please say hello to Mette Reedman!

Mette is a total sweetheart and I have been enjoying her and her cards through her blog for a couple years now. She is a very inspiring CAS style stamper/card maker who has a style that I just adore. Mette has a refined use of embellishing and even though she doesn't pile on the layers of paper, her finished cards are proof that she doesn't need to. She has such an eye for choosing just the right printed paper to accentuate her stamped images that it brings to mind the old adage... less is more. Mette also has eclectic tastes in stamps and she can rock the guy cards just as much as the girly, that is part of the reason why I am so excited to have her joining us for this release. That and she just does fantastic things with SN stamps in general. :)

Now it's time for Mette to answer the Sweet November questionnaire... which I always look forward to reading!

1) What color do you feel represents your personality and why?

Citrus colours. They are fresh, happy and remind me of sun and lazy days with a bit of zest.

2) Is your style of dress/ home decor similar to your style of card making?
I don't really have a home/dress style with 3 kids in the house. I used to be very organized and coordinated before having kids lol. But being danish my style (without kids) would be very Scandinavian.

3) What one thing always puts you in a good mood?
My kids can both put me in a good mood and make me lose it lol. I love receiving letters and comments on my blog always make me smile.

4) If you could visit any time in history when would it be?
I'd go back to the Tudor times. I am a huge history Geek and although it was a dangerous period, full of intrigue and death, it was also the time in history which helped shape England to what it is today. I admire strong and independent women.


5) If you were a mythical creature ie. fairy, elf, mermaid, troll, wizard, witch etc., what kind would you be and why?
I would be a fairy - I love helping people and spreading joy.

Bonus question
6) If you are a fellow Gleek, which character from McKinley High do you most identify with?
I do watch Glee but none of the characters are like me. I hate being the centre of attention so this spotlight is a little nervy for me.

Aww... no worries Mette, I think the spotlight loves you! ;)
Now take a peek at the beautiful card featuring Azalea that Mette created! I love the woodsy/nature feel of this CAS design paired with one of the Twisted Sisters. I think it is an unexpected and fabulous idea to turn her into a forest dwelling wood sprite and the paper choices couldn't be more perfect to set that scene. For my CASE of Mette's card, I chose Snowflake Fairy Eira to play with. Then I followed the layout closely because I love how she used the layers of papers to create the vertical strips and the placement of the stamped image off to the side of the card for added interest and balance. :)

Ok, so I've got some more big news... not only is Mette joining Nancy and myself but we have also added a new full time SN Gal to the ranks... Marion van Eijsden! Yep, this is shaping up to be a super fun December Sweet November sneak peek week! Come back tomorrow 'cause there are some new kids on the SN block and they are ready for some winter playtime. ;)

See ya then!
Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and Copic X-Press It
paper/sentiment sticker- My Mind's Eye (Dear Santa)
stamp- Sweet November (Snowflake Fairy Eira)
ink- Memento tuxedo black and Colorbox creamy brown
Knot & Bow silver twine
Pebbles glitter candy dots
Doodlebug white flock
Martha Stewart crystal fine glitter
Copic markers:
skin- E50, E00, E01, R00
eyes- G24, G28
everything else- B0000, B000, B91, B93, B95, W3, E44, E47

10 comments:

Cindy H. said...

This is such a beautiful image and your coloring is perfect for this icy snowflake fairy! Your card is just so lovely!!

Creations by Shirl said...

Fairy beautiful Amy!
Her snowflake outfit is just awesome...

Leanne said...

Yay Mette! Congratulations! I'm looking fwd to your creations with the new SN release. Love the card you made!
Amy, your case is fantastic. Love the pretty papers and both of your colorings are gorgeous!
Yay for new releases, can't wait to see em'. Have a wonderful day!!
And thanks for the supportive words!
;)

Heidi Brawley said...

oh this is beautiful Amy. love your casing of Mette!!! Congrats to Mette too!
Hugs, Heidi

Rhonda Miller said...

Wow, those are some cute cards. TFS.

gobeagirl said...

Hi Amy and Mette. I always love it when you have new stamps coming out and we get to meet someone new that is so creative. I love Mette's card. She does an excelent job with her papers as well as her coloring. Very very nice card. Your card Amy is as always awesome. I love the color combo as well as the way you have used your pattern paper as an understated accent. Totally rocks my friend. I hope that you have had a great week and that your weekend is a great one as well. Hugs, Lisa

Danni said...

Oh how fun to meet another Sweet November gal!! Wonderful cards by you both!!
Can't wait to see the new stamps!

riliska said...

Very good cards!

RiNNE said...

Beautiful! Congrats to Mette and Marion!

THERESA said...

Just gorjuss, just been to the store and , wow, such super cute images, love them..........:))
Do you have a challenge blog??
lotsa luv