Thursday, December 29, 2011

Romantic Gwen, the sequel...

Howdy friends!

So does anyone have big plans for the upcoming New Year's celebration? I'm still not sure what I'll be doing yet... hopefully it's something fun. :)

I think this may be a first time that I've used the same stamp on back-to-back cards here on the ol' blog as I usually try to mix things up a bit. But I made this one back during the SOG Valentine previews and didn't get a chance to post it here yet. Then when I started looking at my upcoming January calendar schedule it is already going to be chalk full of new and fun stamps so I had to take advantage of one of these few 'free' days before January hits to get this one on here.

It's a different take on Romantic Gwen, this time she's looking pretty in pink. And of course I couldn't resist piling on the flowers and pearls to go along with this beauty. Oh, and I even paper pieced her dress this time. I guess it's kinda cool to be able to see the different looks you can get with Gwen here... going from the sassy and dramatic look of the red card to the more sweet and demure look of this pink one. We'll go with that anyway. ;)

Thanks for stopping by!
TTFN!
Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and Copic X-Press It
paper- My Mind's Eye (Lost&Found Market Street)
stamps- Some Odd Girl (Romantic Gwen set)
ink- Memento tuxedo black and rich cocoa, Colorbox creamy brown
Prima pearls and leaves
crinkled ribbon (from Kiara... thanks Kiara!)
CC Designs mini roses
Sharpie white marker
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E11, R00, R20, W1, W3, W5
hair- E27, E47, E49
eyes- YG93, YG95, BG99
clothes- R32, R35, R37, Y13, Y21, Y26, Y28, YG93, E81, G99, E77, E79, BG70, BG72, G00, R11, R21

30 comments:

Creations by Shirl said...

Wow, am I the first to post!
As far as any plans for this upcoming weekend we are going to heading out into the country which is like about 45 mins from where I live and celebrate the New Years with the in-laws. Everyone is bringing pot luck so I think I'm going to be making a big pot of Portuguese bean soup-Yum-O!
BTW - love the card - awesome colours and pretty for V-day....
Have a super Thursday!

Dotty Jo said...

She's wonderful, I love your card - so, so sweet! Jo x

Zarah said...

Absolutely and utterly adorable!!

Heidi Brawley said...

She looks GORGEOUS in Pink! love it all! So soft and adorable looking! Awesome as Always!!! Have a very Happy New Year!!
Hugs, heidi

Amikadeja said...

OOOooo, so cute card! I love it!

Renkata said...

hiAmy,
such a romantic card.
Have a Happy Holiday's.
Hug's
Renkata

Unknown said...

This s just o sweet, Amy! So romantic to!

Annette Allen said...

so pretty...

Cindy H. said...

OMGoodness, she's so cute in pink! You think of everything when you are coloring - even that bit of shading on her designer dress which makes it so dimensional! Love it! tfs

Shaela said...

Another beautiful card!! I could really, really get hooked on those Odd girls if it wasn't for their legs... I just can't get past them, sigh. lol!

Pöydän kulmalla näpertelijä said...

So sweet and pretty! Beautiful colours and papers.

gobeagirl said...

Hi Amy. Wow, it feels like forever since I have talked to you. I just love this card. Your pinks and greens are wonderful together. I love how Gwen looks in her little dress. :O) Have you seen the list of new Copics coming out in March? If not I am sure that you are going to love them. I am so so happy to see that they have added a couple more of the wonderful Es in the green hues. Now, I can't wait for March. lol... I hope you are having a great Holiday week. Have a wonderful New Years. Hugs, Lisa

Rania K. said...

So cute card! Love it!

Kisses from Greece!

Kelly Schelske said...

This is so beautiful Amy!!!

Kristie W. said...

Your card is so very pretty! I love your coloring and paper piecing on Gwen!

Juls said...

so gorgeous!! Love the pretty DP's the fabby layout and I just adore the paper pieced polka dot dress. Hugs Juls

Shazza said...

she is gorgeous x

Lau W said...

Oh so cute card, so romantic !
xxx

Maria Therese said...

Sweet sweet card ♥

CraftyC said...

Its gorgeous Amy, the colours are so pretty!
Clairex

Danni said...

This is so pretty! Love the softness and romantic feel to it! Gorgeous!

Jas said...

very romantic indeed! Love the card very sweet! As to New Year, well I just can't wait for New year to come and might hang out with my family on that day but not sure yet...I hope you have a fab New Year! hugs, Jas

Rhonda Miller said...

This is beautiful. I love the sweet image. TFS.

SabLank said...

so nice girl!

~* steph :) *~ said...

what a BEAUTIFUL card, amy! i adore it! wonderful mix of papers and embellies and your image is just the sweetest! love her big eyes.
love our new year's celebrations in hawaii. we burn firecrackers for good luck. spend time with family, eating good food and watching the apple drop in NYC. wishing you a wonderful new year's, amy!
big *hugs* and much aloha, steph :)

Leanne said...

Ah, this is so dreamy. Lopve the pinks and all the girly frills going on here. Her outfit is just so chic! Another awesome card!
I'm still up in the air for NYE, but have a few invites for dinner and just hanging out so hopefully one of those will work. Hoping you do something fun to ring in the NY too.
:)

Isa said...

So beautiful and sweet !! Very pretty :)

RiNNE said...

Oh wow!! Yes, yay for showing us the same stamp but with a totally different feel!! It almost doesn't look like the same stamp!! :)

Looooove this version too! Such soft and romantic elements and embellies, also romantic but in a girl-next-door way.

As for NYE, I'll be Celebrating the usual way...with family, lots of food, and watching the ball drop on TV!

Sharon said...

What a sweet card. I LOVE the color combo.

Annie Rose said...

I used this amazing card as a layout inspiration on my latest card. (with a link back to your post, of course) I am SO in love with this card of yours! :)

-Annie Rose