Sunday, May 30, 2010

Monday Mania!

Hello, hello!

I hope all my friends in the States are enjoying this fine Memorial day weekend. I've had a couple of days off which is great because town gets positively crazy this time of year so I like to hole up here at home and avoid the wild, drunken crowds. What can I say... I'm getting old I guess, LOL! ;)

Ok, getting down to business... I've got a card for the wonderful new Monday Mania challenge over at CA&Friends. Amy (crafty amy) is this week's hostess and her challenge is all about creating a card that is inspired by a song. How fun is that?!

Now I've been listening to my Glee soundtracks pretty much non-stop lately so is it any surprise that my card is inspired by one of them? I couldn't have told you who the original artist was until I googled it (Jennifer Paige) because in my mind it will always be tied to my number one show. :)
And as soon as I came across Flirty Edward, from the Roll Call set, in my stamps the whole card just kind of tumbled together and I think it turned out really sweet. Doesn't little Annika just look like she is crushing on that hottie? LOL

I really hope to see a lot of my fellow music lovers play along this week. Remember that the prize is a single TGF rubber stamp of your choice (and the new release will be out by then even)! ;)

See ya in just a bit with my second Simply Betty preview!
Supply list:
cardstock- Jillybean Soup kraft and PTI
paper- Scenic Route (lined notebook)
stamps- The Greeting Farm (WS Flirty Edward and WS Annika)
ink- Memento tuxedo black and Colorbox dark brown chalk ink
Doodlebug alpha rub-ons (small)
Making Memories alpha rub-ons (large)
Copic Spica clear glitter pen
Copic markers:
skin (both)- E000, E00, E11, R20
hair (Edward)- E74, E77, E79, E49, 0
hair (Annika)- E50, E51, E53, E55, 0
clothes (Edward)- B93, B95, B97, E44, E47, E49, E40, E41, 0, BV23, BV25, BV29, E57, E59
clothes (Annika)- RV000, RV00, RV02, E40, E41, 0, YG00, YG01, YG03, B00, B02, B04

16 comments:

gobeagirl said...

Hi Amy, you guys sound like us during the holiday. Our somewhat quiet town becomes overflowing with people drinking and trying to kill themselves out at our sand dunes..Yuck! Thank goodness we are not a party animal group like that it is get together at one of our houses and enjoy each other and laugh.(VERY NOISEY!) but fun. Anyway this is one of mine and Mads favorite songs off of Glee! I love the card and how you put them together. Glad you are getting a couple days off. You really work too hard. lol..Have a great Monday off. Hugs, Lisa

~* steph :) *~ said...

so cute, amy! love the notepaper on kraft and the sentiment! love your images. too cute! thanks for sharing and have a wonderful monday! *hugs* steph :)

Kellie said...

Isn't it funny how we used to be in those crowds back in the days and now we avoid them and would rather play with our stamps hehehe, stamps is an additction to I guess lol?!

Onto your amazing card, I love the note pad paper with these gorgeous images, they give an amazing effect and your colouring WOW as always amazing!
Hugs Kel x

Alicia Garcia said...

Oh my Gosh, Amy...thsi one is KILLING me! I LOVE these two stamps and am dying to get my hands on them, even though Annika is retired, and you just ROCKED THIS...ADORABLE!

Maria Therese said...

Gorgeous card Amy!!! Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease make a tutorial on haircoloring..prettyplease......

Claireabelle said...

Brilliant!!!
xx

WickedPixie said...

Amy, this is so sweet (and colored so beautifully!) :-)Traci

Alice said...

cute cute cute!! this is sooooooo adorable!!! i LOVE it! =)

♥Rach♥ said...

Annika and her books go with this card so perfectly, LOVE it!!

Pam Varnell said...

They make such a cute couple and I love the notebook paper as the background. Sweet card Amy.

Unknown said...

Super cute card! And the challenge is so original! :)

Bumbles and Fairy-Tales said...

Swooooning! I adore this card! These two pair up so well! and I love the notebook paper too! Toooo cute :)
hugs, margie

Crafty Jenn said...

Oh yeah, I forgot that you're right in the thick of the hot spot for 3-day weekend partying. I would want to stay at home too! I have a lake near me, so the summer gets a little crazy with everyone walking around.

You card is so stinkin' cute!! I love how you wrote on Annika's notebook. Hee hee!

<3 Jenn

Stamping Cafe said...

Oh your coloring is so gorgeous, Amy!! LOVE this sweet card!

RiNNE said...

Heeeheeehee! This is too cute! It reminds me of ME in high school!!! With all of my crushes :) :).

Tasha said...

Oh how cute! Love your colouring and the sentiment is amazing
love tasha xx