Thursday, February 4, 2010

Fairy fun and an Easter surprise

Good morning friends!

I wish I could say it's a lovely one but it looks to be another gray, rainy day here... sigh. Don't get me wrong, I'm thankful we're not getting crazy snowstorms or anything but man I wish the sun would start shining!

I think my longing for brighter, warmer days is reflecting in the cards I've been making and I know I'm not the only one experiencing this. What an easy escape it is to pull out a sheet or two of bright paper and just get lost in it's happiness. :)
So I made my card today with this week's Flutter By challenge in mind. It's another open week but I always like to use a fairy image for this challenge if I can... any excuse to use a fairy is a good thing if you ask me... ;)

I started flipping through my stamps and was stopped at the Gorjuss Girls. Flower Girl was whispering to me that she wanted some pointy ears. How could I not grant her wish? Honestly, I don't think I have used this particular stamp 'as-is' yet because for some reason she always needs those ears... I don't even fight it anymore LOL! This time I did go a step further though and cut some wings out of a sheet of butterfly patterned vellum that I've been hoarding for years. I'm completely in love with Gorjuss Flower Girl now and she told me she's delighted too. :)
The floral background is a new Hero Arts Silhouette Bells cling stamp that I had to have as soon as I saw it. It just seemed like it would make a great little fairy haven and I wasn't disappointed. I did have to stamp it twice for this card to make the image a bit longer but Flower Girl does a nice job of hiding the seam.

Alrighty now onto a bit of Sweet November news... remember how I mentioned new sneak peeks and candy would be here before you know it? Well I wasn't lying! Sweet November has a big Easter release that would have originally gone up at the beginning of March but because we wanted to give everyone more time to use the new stamps before the holiday it was decided to move the release up to February 15th. That means sneak peeks/candy will start back up this Sunday! Before that though I will be shining the spotlight on our two new Sweet November Guest Gals who will be helping Traci and me share all this Easter sweetness with you. So be sure to check back tomorrow 'cause that's when the fun will be starting. :)

Toodles! Supply list:
cardstock- DCWV and PTI
paper- BoBunny (double dot)
K&Co butterfly vellum
stamps- Sugar Nellie (Gorjuss Girl Flower Girl), Hero Arts (Silhouette Bells), Verve (sentiment)
ink- Memento tuxedo black and rich cocoa, Tim Holtz Distress Inks
Prima Got Flowers
epoxy brads
Kaiser Craft pearls
Copic Spica glitter pen
Copic markers:
skin- E50, YR00, E51, R20
hair- YG00, YG01, YG03
clothes- Y13, Y15, Y18, Y000, Y00, Y02

38 comments:

Leah l'Orange said...

OMG, more new Sweet November! Amy, i am THRILLED to hear it, and can't wait to see!

love your little fairy GG, she looks great with a bit of plastic surgery and implants! ;)

Tasha said...

EEEEkkkk exciting that more Sweet November stamps are due to be released - they are fantastic stamps!

Loving the GG, she looks amazing - your alterations looks fab and the papers are super scrummy

love tasha xx

☼ Cheryl* said...

That is such a nice card! I love her wings and ears, they suit her :)

yay more new releases!

chris said...

Wow this gives you a feel of nice things to come its so spring like, love it love chris xx

Anonymous said...

Oh so cute and so sweet Amy !!! I love her !!!
Hugs
Mag :)

♥Rach♥ said...

LOVE the citrus colors and her wings are just beautiful! I'm so proud you used the vellum, it's a big step, LOL :0)

Marley said...

Lovely card Amy!! Beautifull colours, love how you coloured the image and the wings behind her.. hugs Marley

Maria Therese said...

I love how you alter your stamps ♥ this one was almost as cool as the mermail, those ears looks so cute on her!! And your card is supercute too!

Kelly Booth said...

So cute Amy....what a perfect Background for her with the silhouette Bells!

gobeagirl said...

I love your take on this little sweetie..She is so fairylishiss (if that is a word). I love her, she makes me think of fields with flowers in bloom and the sun shining down of her sweet head. Love the card. Happy warm sunny days to you, Lisa

Claireabelle said...

Great job Amy, I love her wings
x

kris said...

Simply BEAUTIFUL! the card says it all! Sunshine, warmth, beauty and more! LOVE the vellum fairy wings! Fabulous idea!! Thank you so much for joining us at Flutter by! hugs!!

Carisa said...

I love everything about this card! you are simply a fabulous card designer. every card is divine!

donna mikasa said...

Such a bright and cheery card! Love how you "seamed" the bells and gave the GG pointy ears and gossamer wings. Another awesome card! Sending you warm Hawaiian sunshine...

Juls said...

this is just fab! Love how you have altered the GG to make a fairy! Hugs Juls

Lysa said...

WOW! Totally love the bright colors! (& everything else!)

Unknown said...

So beautiful! I love the colors :)

**CrEaTiNgWiThAlOhA** said...

your cards are always so beautiful....i just love coming to visit your site and get inspired....TFS....hugs Liann

Bumbles and Fairy-Tales said...

Wow! What a sunny and happy lil card! IMHO yellow isn't used enough! I was actually able to use some yellow on my card for today too :)
She's beautiful!
I am really looking forward to seeing your new images, Amy!!! How exciting!
TFS! hugs, margie

Paper, Ink, Color! said...

Love this onne too, can't wait to see the new stamps, yay! More Sweet November!

Marlene said...

Adorable card! Love the colors! So spring-like!

MicheyMoo said...

Wow!! I better get cracking on using the new SN digis I just bought - otherwise I'll want new ones and forget I have the older sweets.

It may be warmer over here atm, but we've been all grey and gloomy most of the week too. Its supposed to continue over the weekend, which is actually just perfect for moi!! Gives me the excuse I need to stay in and create all weekend. YAY!! See ya for 2moro's news. xxx

Sammi said...

I love your altering and the little flower girls looks gorgeous with the wings too!!!
Love the papers and colours you've used too!
TFS xxx

Danni said...

You continually amaze me with your altering!! Love the bright yellow...pure happiness!! Gorguss card...thanks for playing along with my flutter by challenge!

Alice said...

wow! that background is gorgeous!! perfect for this theme indeed!! and you made Gorjuss Girl a Gorjuss Fairy! love this! can't wait to see your new stamps, too! =)

Crafty Jenn said...

*GASP*!! I "NEED" that HA stamp! I've been looking for a lily of the valley stamp and that's beautiful. I love the way you used it.

I think we all have a little bit of that K&Co vellum! Lol! Might still have some in my stash.... Flower girl seems to be happy as a fairy. ;)

Can't wait for the "Sweet" stuff ahead!

1LuvnMama said...

Gorjuss she is Amy! :) So happy, happy, joy, joy!

Pöydän kulmalla näpertelijä said...

This little Gorjuss fairy is adorable! The butterfly wings are perfect and I love the sunny papers you've used. Such a cheerful card.

WickedPixie said...

What a pretty card!! I LOVE her pointy ears and wings! It makes me so happy! :-)Traci

Stamping Cafe said...

This is such a gorgeous card, Amy!! The little Gorjuss fairy is so adorable with the butterfly wings!! Ah.... another perfect card, love it!!

RiNNE said...

I just LOVE this! The color is so calming and cheerful at the same time! Her ears and wings are just magical!!! The patterned paper and butterfly brad complete its fairy-like effect! Another perfect card!

Jeanette said...

This is so sweet. I love the soft greens and yellows. Thank you for joining us at Flutter By.

crafty amy said...

This is way too cute she lookslike she was made to have those pointy elves ears :D And I know just what you mean about the bright summery cards and papers I love how crafting can take you to a completely different place.

Hugs

Amy xx

Tonje said...

This card is SPRING! Love the colours and love the little fairy girl!

Nicola said...

Wow your card is stunning Amy. I so love this colour combo and the freshness of it.
Thank you for joining us at Flutter By Wednesday.
Hugs,
Nicola -x-

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This card so reminds me of spring. Such cheery colors. Thank you for joining us at Flutter By Wednesday.
Hugs,

Nancy said...

Exquisite creation!! Thanks for fluttering with us this week!!

Loz said...

I love the pointed ears!!