Wednesday, October 21, 2009

That fall magic

Happy Glee day everyone, LOL! I know I'm not the only one out there excited for tonight's episode. ;)
There is still plenty of time to get your name in the hopper for this week's blog candy just check out this post here...
Ok, so onto my card for the day. This one is for the Anyone for Anya challenge to use fall colors. Which was perfect because I just got my new Cosmo Cricket Nutmeg paper pack... but what about my vow to use up scraps first? Well, after the wonderful response I got for using the cover sheet packaging earlier this week I knew I was in good company and that you are a group of gals who can appreciate revisiting that idea once again. :)
So I cut and pieced together the little pattern samples to make this card and even though it was more work than the last time, I have to say I'm diggin' the smaller scale of the patterns for my cards plus I really do like turning those scraps into something cute.
I used Fairy Eva (one of my all time fave TGF stamps), though I did open her eyes up to give her a bit of a different look. And I also Glimmer Misted the paper leaves but it may be a bit hard to tell that in the photo.
Thanks for stopping by today, I hope your day is a great one!Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and GP
paper and sentiment sticker- Cosmo Cricket (Nutmeg)
stamp- The Greeting Farm (Fairy Eva)
ink- Memento tuxedo black and Colorbox chestnut roan chalk ink
Close to my Heart paper leaves
Glimmer Mist (fall leaves, copper)
Ranger Stickles
misc leaf brad
misc ribbon
Copic multiliner 0.1 pen
Copic markers:
skin- E00, E11, R20, YG95
hair- E15, E17, E18
clothes- R02, R05, YR18, YG01

21 comments:

gobeagirl said...

OMG Amy, I love it!! I am waiting for this stamp in the mail and now I know I picked a good one. She is so cute. You can sooo(lol) see the glimmer mist..This card is just happiness!! Where did you or do you get your paper packs? Of course I mean when you used to buy them before you started just using your scraps...lol....Have a great day, Lisa G

Anonymous said...

Wow Amy this card is sooooo beautiful, loving the autumn colours, and your altering of Eva is divine.
Suzi
xxx

scrapn_momof2 said...

Love the gorgeous fall colors. Your card is beautiful!

Pöydän kulmalla näpertelijä said...

Beautiful colours and beautiful card.

Unknown said...

Love the patchwork here, Amy! This turned out great! Just so beautiful!

Unknown said...

Super cute! I love the paper you used. :)

Tammy said...

Love it. The leaves are so great with this stamp. Gives it a totally different look.

kris said...

She's a beauty! love all the glimmer sparkles!!! and the colors are fabulous! hugs, Kris

donna mikasa said...

Love the fall colors and your altering of Fairy Eva! Yay for Cosmo Cricket paper and yay for "Glee"!!

Lysa said...

SO so so cute! I love those colors- and just because I "need" more paper I'll have to go get some :)

Claireabelle said...

Gorgeous card girlie! Love that background (note to self, must use my scraps up too!)
xx

Rachel Hope said...

OH!!!! I LUFF her!!! What a wonderful card!!!

Victoria said...

fab as usual, great work with the papers, looks like you inked rounds the edges too, well worth the extra effort

Victoria
x

Angela said...

Amy, this is beautiful.. Your coloring on little Fairy Eva is so beautiful.. I love what you did with her hair.. And the scraps are so pretty. You would never know they were scraps from the packaging..

WickedPixie said...

This is adorable!! I love what you have been doing with the DP covers (ok, I love what you do with all of your cards!!) :-)Traci

RiNNE said...

So adorable, Amy!! Love all of the scraps and as usual, your alteration! The sparkles are captivating!

And I still love Glee. But is it just me or are the song performances getting a bit corny??

Saskia said...

I just discovered your blog. Wow! I love your bright, happy work!!

Sweet greetings,
Saskia :)

Alice said...

Eva is so cute with fall colors! wow! have to get me that paper set!!!!

Pam Varnell said...

So cute Amy!! Love all the glitter and different pieces of paper. She just sparkles. Hugs!!

MicheyMoo said...

I like totally missed this post!! She is uber cute Amy and I love the design.

Tonje said...

Love what you did with the paper pattern samples.